Many lonely people resort to using different dating sites in order to search for the second half, so the topic of “online dating scams” every year becomes more and more relevant.
According to polls, most users of the online community did not even hear about the existence of scammers; that is why so many fall under their
influence and do not even suspect anything. It is the lack of information on how to protect yourself from dating scams
Read: Pro Smartwatch for Athletes – Must-Needed Tool
How To Protect From Online Dating Scams – Useful Tips
that make people suffer from the consequences. We should all be aware and have knowledge concerning scams online to avoid being robbed via dating sites. So,
the time has come for you to learn how to do it not to worsen the statistics about dating scams that are already not so funny.
If you are a frequent user of dating sites or social networks, it is important for you to be able to identify a scammer from the first minutes of your acquaintance.
Signs of an online scam
Your online lover is only interested in money if he:
· Insists to leave the dating site and continue communication using personal email or social networks;
· Sends you the perfect photos of smiling happy people who look like photos from glossy magazines;
Fraudsters are the same everywhere – the Internet gives them only additional opportunities but not a new motivation or some outstanding preferences.
The essence of the fraudster’s work is always the same – deceit, reporting deliberately false information, or giving promises that he does not plan to fulfill.
The easiest way to identify a network scammer is to imagine a similar situation offline because in it,
we all are more or less able to distinguish solid messages from baseless ones.
A sign of a fraudster on the network is usually sloppy, careless, clumsy work with Internet technologies,
obviously aimed at quick profit, and not long-term activity. Scammers try to work fast because otherwise, girls are rejecting them.
· How to distinguish a scam from a cry for help?
Some people are sincerely ready to help when a random person on the Internet asks them to transfer money to the account of a charitable organization
or ask for money for the treatment of an ill relative. And for such people, there are very simple differences between scammers and people who really seek help:
· The dating scammer is often sloppy. In a huge number of cases, text or photographs used as bait for good people are not being used for the first time.
Just because searching for them takes longer, there is no sense in harnessing serious work. Search engines will help you in this case – check the characteristic features of the texts;
· The scammer does not treat questions and clarifications well. Or ignores them, or vice versa begins to pour in accusations.
In general, the more nervous the atmosphere in a conversation becomes
and the more tension rises, the higher the likelihood that something is unclean here;
· Scammers do not report well on expenses they are asking your money for and receipts,
post inadequate info (old, poor quality, photoshopped or irrelevant in the case);
- Acer Nitro KG241Y Sbiip review – 165Hz, NO Adjustable
- Philips 346E2CUAE Review -100Hz, USB Type C Port
- LG 27GR75Q-B Review – 165Hz, G-Sync/FreeSync
- Samsung Odyssey G51C Review – 165Hz, NO USB Ports
- 5 Best HDMI Splitter for Dual Monitor Extended Display
· If the same problem is being collected in different places, and the collectors are not coordinated
with each other or do not even know about each other – you most likely deal with deception;
· The scammer seeks to intensify the situation in every possible way, appeals to emotions, engages in
provocations (one woman, for example, regularly and thoroughly described epilepsy attacks of her sick daughter,
literally adding too much of details), trying to arouse guilt or shame in the reader, generally trying to “turn off the brain;”
· The scammer never cooperates with anyone. He convinces everyone around that there are enemies around and you can only trust him.
· How to protect against a scam?
Here are some useful tips to prevent Online Dating Scams :
1. Check billing information
Pay attention to the “Beneficiary’s account:” if it does not say that the transfer will be sent to an individual, this is strange. This is the first thing that should alert.
2. Check the domain of the site you were sent to
Checking when and by whom the domain was registered is also very easy – the website of each major domain name registrar has a special WHOIS page for this.
Scammers usually make a whole bunch of clone sites at once – if one or even several sites are closed due to complaints from affected users,
criminals will simply use the remaining ones. Therefore, it makes sense to try looking for similar sites.
This is the most difficult stage, and special tools and skills are required for a thorough check. But something is available to any user.
For example, you can search by the name of the organization or the name of the person on
whom the domain of the site you encountered is registered. You can do this, for example, here.
Tech-Enthusiast and Founder/Author of Techotn.com and also a passionate Pinterest Marketer at Sajalmanjhi.com. Follow my quotes twitter.com/ManjhiSajal